How to Make Jamaican Saltfish fritters
Jamaican Salt fish fritters
are great as a snack, meal or an accompaniment to something else. There are quite a few recipes floating around, this is the one we use in our house, more specifically, this is what I saw my mother do last week and just replicated...
200g Salted Cod (soaked overnight) | 1 Bell Pepper | 1 Spring Onion | 1 Tomato | Black Pepper | All-Purpose Seasoning | 3 Eggs | 3 Tablespoons Flour
The Harder They Come (Original Film Soundtrack) (Spotify)
- Tear the Jamaican Salt fish up removing any bones and dividing it into small pieces before draining it
- Dice the bell pepper and tomato mixing these with the chopped spring onion
- Add the Jamaican Salt-fish to the chopped vegetables.
- Add black pepper and seasoning to the mixture
- Thoroughly mix the eggs into the mixture before mixing in the flour
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot, fry spoonfuls of the mixture for 2-3 minutes, turning.
- Drain on kitchen paper.